Privacy and cookies policy
How we use your personal information and how we keep it safe.
If you’re reading this page you care about how your personal information is protected. We do too. So, on this page we outline how we use your data and how we keep it safe.
You can read the policy in detail below but we’d like to share the most important points here:
- We will only ever ask for what we really need to know.
- We will collect and use the personal data that you share with us transparently, honestly and fairly.
- We will always respect your choices around the data that you share with us and the communication channels that you ask us to use and you can let us know if you change your preference at any time.
- We will put appropriate security measures in place to protect the personal data that you share.
- We will never sell your data.
If you have any questions about anything at all related to how we use and store your personal data, please do get in touch.
Who we are
Evelina London Children’s Charity (a charity registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales, registered Charity No. 1160316-8) is a linked charity of Guy’s & St Thomas’ Foundation (a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales, registered Charity No. 1160316 and Company No. 9341980) whose registered office address is The Grain House, 46 Loman Street, SE1 0EH, who will be the controller of your data.
We, Guy’s & St Thomas’ Foundation also work with King’s College London (KCL), the charity’s fundraising partner who processes your personal data on our behalf.
The two organisations have worked together for many years and, since 2011, all fundraising for Guy’s & St Thomas’ Foundation (previously known as Guy’s and St Thomas’ Charity) has been carried out on its behalf by KCL to maximise the funds available for Guy’s and St Thomas’ Foundation’s activities.
How we use your information to fulfil your requests
How we use your information to tell you about our work
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your device (for example, your computer or smartphone). It allows our website to recognise your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Marketing cookies. These are used by our advertising partners (e.g. Facebook) to collect information about how you use our website and show you associated adverts on other sites. The information that’s been used to build that profile may also be used to find other people with similar interests to yours so that our adverts can be shown to them too.